AlieraCare ACA Exempt Plans
Healthcare at Affordable Prices for Everyone
View Healthshare Rates
New to the market in 2016, AlieraCare offers coverage at less than half the cost of conventional health insurance.
According to the Affordable Care Act, people who are members of healthcare sharing plans are exempt from the requirements to carry government-approved health insurance.
Note these plans are NOT health insurance, but rather membership-based health sharing plans.
There are three levels of coverage (Value, Plus, and Premium), and for each you can choose from a $5,000, $7500, or $10,000 maximum out-of-pocket.
Below is a brief outline of the the types of benefits covered under the plans. See more details on the Aliera ACA Exempt Plans Brochure.
- Surgery: Per incident limit for coverage ranges from $150,000 to $1,000,000.
- Preventive Care: all 63 medical services outlined in the Affordable Care Act for preventive care are covered. Zero out-of-pocket and no deductible for any covered scheduled preventive care service or routine in-network check up, pap smear, flu shot, etc.
- Primary Care: coverage for doctor visits varies based on which plan you choose
- Labs and Diagnostics: all PCP and urgent care labs are included. Membership includes over 180 different lab tests.
- Prescription Discounts: average 55% savings
- TeleMedicine: access to a doctor, 24 hours a day
- Hospitalization: Per incident limit for coverage ranges from $150,000 to $1,000,000.
Aliera keeps monthly contribution amounts low by keeping expenses low. Whenever you need medical care, follow these steps:
Contact your Telemedicine provider:
- If you still need local treatment, contact the Aliera Member Services Department
- This concierge service will set an appointment for you with a local provider
- The PPO Network for this plan is First Health.
Conditions and Restrictions
This is not a health insurance plan, and there are some important restrictions to these plans that you should be aware of.
- There is a 24 month waiting period on pre-existing conditions.
- Surgery is not covered for the first 6 months on the Value or PLUS plans, unless the event is life affecting, endangering, or threatening.
- Surgical benefits are not available for the first 2 months in the Premium plans, again unless the event is life affecting, endangering, or threatening.
- There is a 12-month waiting period before cancer will be covered.
- Children are covered as dependents, until age 20. Full time students may be covered as dependents until age 26.
Unfortunately, members of Healthshare plans are not currently allowed to contribute to a Health Savings Account, though we do hope that future legislation expands the availability of HSAs to everyone.
Ready to sign up?
Simply choose the Standard plan, what maximum out-of-pocket you want, and whether you want the Value, Plus, or Premium plan. The (The Premium is the most popular, followed by the Plus). If you want a plan that has no waiting period on cancer coverage, as well as some pre-existing condition coverage, choose the Comprehensive plan. Click here to view the AlieraCare Brochure.
Please note that Aliera charges a one-time, $125 application fee.
If you have some questions, or would like to apply over the phone, please give your HSA for America Personal Benefits Consultant a call at 800-913-0172.